[OSM-dev] Bad result from name finder postcode search

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Wed Apr 9 15:53:14 BST 2008

On 09/04/2008 15:09, Chris Jones wrote:
> Searching for "pub near Swansea" sends me to Australia...
>
> http://gazetteer.openstreetmap.org/namefinder/?find=pub+near+Swansea
>
> Oddly searching for "pubs near Swansea" gives me what I would expect...

That looks like a bug to me. I'll investigate.

If a contextualised search doesn't find any hits (which is presumably
what is happening here, though it shouldn't be), it drops the context
and tries again. Unfortunately the search results on
www.openstreetmap.org don't say this has happened, though the
information the namefinder provides back does say that's what it did.

I think I might remove this second attempt, as it is almost never what
you want and always confuses.

David