[OSM-dev] India and China - AND meeting

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 22:21:36 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Ante <ante at ffii.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Tomorrow we have a little meeting with AND. Looking at the map, it seems that
>  AND data of India is imported and integrated, but not the China data.
>  Correct?

Correct. The information I got was that the AND data appeared to be
based on really old VMAP0 data (like 15+ years) and most of the roads
there have been replaced by newer roads in the meantime. Apparently
>50% of freeways there are less than 10 yo and don't appear in the AND
data. I may have the exact statistics wrong, but it was something like
that.

There was interest in the admin boundaries, but I havn't heard
anything about them recently.

Have a nice day,