[OSM-dev] GSOC application /OSM/ Improved GPS workflow with JOSM

Subhodip Biswas subhodipbiswas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:48:19 BST 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:
> Hi Subhodip and Raphael,
>
>  I just chatted with our server admin TomH and he thinks that the
>  gpsbabel part might best be done on the server side. It's one of his
>  long-term ToDo things anyway. I agree. Rather than getting gpsbabel
>  installed on every users computer, why not make it upload other formats
>  too and convert on the server side.

 Thats a great idea .. but what I actually thinking of was some plugin
to let JOSM do the download from GPS device rather that a long Command
in CLI( command line interface).
i.e
$gpsbabel [options] -i INTYPE -f INFILE -o OUTTYPE -F OUTFILE
get rid of this ..apparently

But  TomH 's idea is superb too .

--
Regards