[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql fails on current data

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 16:35:29 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Lauri Hahne <lauri.hahne at gmail.com> wrote:
>  But unfortunately there are cases when it's necessary to have multiple
>  values. The most common of these is if two refs share a road. A road
>  near me actually officially has two refs and two int_refs. Google
>  renders them properly at
>  http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=61.428096,23.785744&spn=0.084233,0.32135&z=12
>  so we can't be any worse...

Yes, refs and names are the few examples where I can see it making
some sense, I see don't see a problem working towards supporting that.
But it's stuff like this:

highway=unclassified;cycleway
sport=baseball;basketball
abutters=industrial;retail

This is all combining two features into one and it is in my opinion
not appropriate. (They also don't work now).

Have a nice day,