[OSM-dev] Printing the slippy map

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Apr 20 09:27:38 BST 2008

In message <fuet2c$9s3$1 at ger.gmane.org>
          Gervase Markham <gerv-gmane at gerv.net> wrote:

> When I print a map from www.openstreetmap.org in Firefox on Linux in
> portrait form, I get one page with a map, and a second (wasted) page
> with the copyright notice.
>
> Does anyone else see this? Is it a known problem? Can something be done
> to keep it all on one sheet?

I can see if it I make my browser window tall enough. It's not a problem
as such, it just what happens when you try and lay out the page for a
printer.

Basically it will shrink the image until the width fits on the page and
then if there isn't enough space underneath for the text it will have to
flow onto a new page. I don't think there is much we can do about that.

What you really want is a "shrink page to fit" option in Firefox, but
it doesn't look it has one - it can shrink the width to fit but not the
height.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)