[OSM-dev] Lowzoom T at H patch - any takers?

Mon Apr 21 08:52:31 BST 2008

Andrew McCarthy wrote:
> My first post to the Dev list :)

Congrats. Patches of this kind would even be more appropriate on the
tilesathome mailing list, so no need to come here for that patch :-)

> Following a short discussion on the tiles at home list about lowzoom, I
> prepared the attached patch. It combines (a) the layers.conf changes
> suggested by 'jth' on the lowzoom wiki page with (b) a change to
> tilesGen.pl that confines the downloaded data for the lowzoom caption
> tiles to just large placenames.

Do talk to Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie, he comes closest to a tah client
owner, even if he sometimes denies this :-)

> Any opinions? In my tests it worked fine for generating the caption
> tiles for Ireland, and saved megabytes of bandwidth per tile.

I haven't looked at the patch closely, but it looks generally OK TO ME
AND if deelkar agrees, then commit it. To make sure it's not lost, do
get a SVN account and commit it yourself :-).

Sebastian