[OSM-dev] Google Summer of Code

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Tue Apr 22 10:52:05 BST 2008

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:04:51 +0200
Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> wrote:

> Google has announced the results of the GsocC applications. We have
> received 27 applications, of which only 3 have been an obvious no-effort
> application. 7 of these applications have gotten mentors that would be
> willing to coach the project. These projects were ranked with input from
> me, SteveC, Frederik Ramm and others. We have received 4 slots from
> Google, meaning that the following 4 projects will be paid by Google:
>
> -Internationalization setup for OSM web pages and map tiles
> Arindam Ghosh 	Mikel Eruch Maron
[...]

I work on internationalisation, and localisation issues, especially
as these pertain to Indian languages, and would be glad to help out
on this project. I hope that there is no need for me to become an
official mentor, as I cannot always guarantee having time available
when needed.

Regards,
Gora