[OSM-dev] "See Data", a UI for browsing OSM data in the main map

Wed Apr 23 19:26:08 BST 2008

Lauri Hahne wrote:
>     This is a great way which allows newcomers to fix up their street name
>     if speled incorrectly or allow them to make a street one-way.
>
>     It's also useful for more powerful users (which tags are on that
>     street?) rather than having to start up JOSM and paste in the bbox URL.

> Isn't that what's Potlatch for.. (if we forget that P. is malum in se
> (or at least used to be))

a) I still can't run potlatch as Adobe does not provide a Flash for my
operating system.

b) Potlatch is still too much of a learning curve for these users.
Things look differently there. If you can click *on the map* and enter
the street name, it's much easier, I think.

Sebastian