[OSM-dev] Google Summer of Code

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Thu Apr 24 05:51:10 BST 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:55:32 -0700 (PDT)
Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > (a) Wi.l there be a publicly available repository for the code?
>
> Any ideas on this? At the least students and mentors want to share code, maybe
> others ..
>  but we don't want to hit the main trunk in the initial stages, and branching
> probably unnecessarily complicated.
[...]

There are various alternatives, the obvious ones being Google hosting,
Sourceforge, Savannah, etc. Another alternative, especially for
internationalisation/localisation stuff might be a server that IndLinux
uses, donated by Redhat, and the Fedora project. We are just about to
finish negotiating with Redhat on this, and will have several Indic
computing projects hosted there. It does host other open-source projects,
so it can also be considered for all of the OSM GSoc stuff. However, I would
suggest trying Sourceforge, etc., first.

Regards,
Gora