[OSM-dev] Google Summer of Code

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Apr 24 08:29:02 BST 2008

In message <293925.22214.qm at web30803.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
        Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> (a) Wi.l there be a publicly available repository for the code?
>
> Any ideas on this? At the least students and mentors want to share
> code, maybe others ..  but we don't want to hit the main trunk in
> the initial stages, and branching probably unnecessarily
> complicated.

Well for anything which is an enhancement of code that is already
in out repository it should definitely go in our repository, and we
can certainly offer space to any other project that wants it. I see
no reason to go anywhere else.

Branching is not a problem - not sure why you think it's complicated.

For any work on the main web site, just create a branch in the
rails_port_branches directory - there are several there already.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/