[OSM-dev] OSM Notes API, Issue Tracking

Thu Apr 24 13:03:03 BST 2008

Tom Hughes wrote:

> The reason why I never went ahead and implemented that was that I found
> this note in the wiki:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/FAQ#Why_didn.27t_my_GPX_file_upload_properly.3F
>
> Which explains that it is deliberate because of some less than ideal
> behaviour on the part of Garmin units.

Hm, that looks like a case of inventing a bogus explanation to excuse
a missing feature. :) The Garmin office location is easily fixed by
filtering timestamps.

In typical gate-horses-bolted fashion Potlatch does of course import
waypoints stored in the raw GPX files anyway. The importer is happy if
you manually insert a single tracklog point into a GPX consisting
otherwise of waypoints.

cheers
Richard