[OSM-dev] Osmarender Frontend (GSoC project)

Mario Ferraro fadinlight at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 13:31:46 BST 2008

Hi!

I've just created a wiki page

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Osmarender_Frontend

in which I'm starting to do some brainstorming for Osmarender Frontend
project design phase.

Feel free to contribute to any of the topics, add new topics and give
suggestions or ask for desired features as well.

I remind that Osmarender Frontend has 3 main focuses:

* Let the community propose enhancements to default Osmarender
stylesheets the easy way
* Let everyone out there render a custom map without knowing XML
internals, just playing with a shiny GUI interface
* Develop a Javascript API to let other developers contribute or start
new projects

If you can't figure out what I've in mind, you can download my demo
screencast and/or a working demo (known to work only with Firefox 3 beta
4) here:

http://drop.io/Osmarender_Frontend/blog

I've also setup the project blog here

http://osmarenderfrontend.wordpress.com/

In the wiki you can read all the details about reading and/or
subscribing to GSoC project posts or weekly reports posts.

Bye!

Mario