[OSM-dev] osmtools first release

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Apr 27 15:36:42 BST 2008

Hi,

> I'm proud to announce the first release of osmtools, a fast embedded
> osm-data-database.

[...]

> Instead ways directly consist of a
> number of points. This should speed up for example rendering to svg or
> routing by a huge amount.

For routing, it is important to know whether two ways meet at a
junction or whether they just pass over or under each other. This
topology requirement is solved by our nodes. If you drop nodes ("the
completely redundand id<->point assignment is removed"), how do you
suggest a routing engine should build its routing graph then?

Bye
Frederik