[OSM-dev] Strange: nodes ...(solved?)

m*sh hy at sha-mash.de
Wed Aug 6 22:15:14 BST 2008

Am Mi, 6.08.2008, 20:24, schrieb Tom Hughes:
> No, you misunderstood. You should be doing DELETE but when I looked at
> the logs for that node you gave the ID for I could see you were actually
> sending a PUT request.
>
>> Actually I am using a 'put' command but the Request method should be
>> DELETE
>> ---
>> I've changed it and got the same results :-(
>
> I very much doubt that. People delete nodes all the time without these
> problems. I think you must still be doing a PUT if you are seeing
> problems.

Sorry, you misunderstood, because my framework does not have a
DELETE-Command for HTTP-Communication. That's why I was using the DELETE
as Request - (with a put command).

And when you wrote
> No, the request method is PUT which is why they aren't being deleted.
I thought I should exchange the DELETE-Request for a PUT-Request.
Which actually resulted in the same unwanted behaviour.

Now I have echanged the HTTP-PUT-COMMAND into a GET which didn't require
the payload as well - and it seems to work. I'll do some testing and clean
up.

--
-m*sh-

|        harry w. graner