[OSM-dev] slippy map does not work in FireFox 3.0 for me

Jens Scheidtmann JensScheidtmann at web.de
Sun Aug 17 14:40:16 BST 2008

Dear Jon,

Jon Burgess <jburgess777 at googlemail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 21:12 +0200, Jens Scheidtmann wrote:

[Re: Javascript errors]

> The only errors I see are a couple minor warnings about CSS styles.
> Nothing that prevents the page from working.
>
> I'd try creating a new profile in FF without any plugins.
>
> If you still get errors then you might need to try temporarily disabling
> any anti-virus / internet firewall type thing you may have running. Some
> of these silently intercept and modify web pages to disable bits of
> JavaScript they don't like.

I found the solution while reading the german computer magazine c't:

If Google Maps does not display correctly, they tell you to check in
about:config the value of dom.disable_image_src_set. This should be
false.

Mine was true and now after switching it to false:

OSM works !

Nevertheless: Thanks for your hints.

Jens