[OSM-dev] slippy map does not work in FireFox 3.0 for me

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 16 22:21:33 BST 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 21:12 +0200, Jens Scheidtmann wrote:
> Dear Jon,
>
> sorry for my late reply, I was on the road for some days.
>
> Jon Burgess <jburgess777 at googlemail.com> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 21:00 +0200, Jens Scheidtmann wrote:
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> I have a problem with one of my computers:
> >>
> >> When I open openstreemap.org, the map displayed only contains
> >> a gray ladder (zoom) at the left hand side, the scale at the bottom left
> >> and the Permalink at the bottom right on a white background.
> >>
> >> Even if I disable Adblock, Allow Javascript globally (Noscript) and disable
> >> Greasemonkey, this is still the case.
> >>
> >> Running Firefox in Safemode does not help either.
> >>
> >> Have you experienced a similiar situation somewhere?
> >> If yes, how did you solve this?
> >> Any hints, on what this could be?
> >
> > Try accessing a tile directly, e.g.
> > http://tile.openstreetmap.org/0/0/0.png
>
> This works perfectly. Even with disabled cache.
> I guess this rules out DoS rules on the firewall.
>
> > Try switching to the osmarender layer (with the '+' layer switch on the
> > right hand side).
>
> I can't even see the '+' layer switch on this computer (see above)
>
> What I can see are lots of warnings in the Javascript console.
> Is this normal?
>
> It starts with (when displaying openstreetmap.org):
>
> Warnung: anonymous function does not always return a value
> Quelldatei: http://www.openstreetmap.org/javascripts/prototype.js/1218150545
> Zeile: 126, Spalte: 45
> Quelltext:
>       case 'boolean': return object.toString();

The only errors I see are a couple minor warnings about CSS styles.
Nothing that prevents the page from working.

I'd try creating a new profile in FF without any plugins.

If you still get errors then you might need to try temporarily disabling
any anti-virus / internet firewall type thing you may have running. Some
of these silently intercept and modify web pages to disable bits of
JavaScript they don't like.

	Jon