[OSM-dev] Mosques and other features of the Muslim world

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 17:26:41 BST 2008

Right, this has nothing to do with religion or secularism or politics. I'm going to go out on a limb, and not carefully, suggest that you are politicizing something which is simply about cartography.

The fact is that in this place, defined by a certain politcal boundary, the symbol for a medical facility is different than what's currently on the map. If this discussion is going any where else besides discussing that interesting technical, cartographic question, then I'm not interested in continuing it.

I think it's totally valid to say that OSM default map has a global symbology for hospitals and whatever other symbols. I also think it's valid to explore whether another approach is feasible/desirable.

Mikel