[OSM-dev] Mosques and other features of the Muslim world

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Sun Aug 17 22:46:14 BST 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 05:36:57PM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> It was more that the idea of putting a religion tag on a hospital
> seemed kind of very wrong to me...

Fully agreed. IMHO, it's the same issue that some countries like motorways on their map orange, while others want them purple (or whatever). It requires contry (or cultural) specific rendering rules, which we just don't have (yet). So I don't think that tagging it as
aminty=hospital;religion=muslim would be the sensible thing to do here, even if it enabled us t render them differently in the short term.

spaetz