[OSM-dev] Icons for graveyards

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl
Thu Aug 28 07:45:44 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 08:30:34AM +0200, Patrick Kilian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dustin Spicuzza wrote:
> > Perhaps your 'unknown' graveyard should have a more traditional
> > headstone (at least, where I'm at) instead of crosses?
> >
> >    /-----\
> >   /       \
> >   |  RIP  |
> >   |       |
> >   |       |
> > --------------
>
> I have thought about using a headstone too. But headstones are pretty
> typical for christian graveyards too, right?

Yes, but instead of being the "symbol for the religion", it's
something that this religion happens to use for putting dead people in
the ground. So its further from the 'core', so hopefully more
acceptable for people of other religions who might see their
mislabelled graveyard rendered this way.

Moreover, it's visually different from the christian one. Which makes
a point.

	Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **