[OSM-dev] API 0.6 Bugs

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Thu Dec 4 12:24:24 GMT 2008

List not cc'ed
On 4 Dec 2008, at 11:49, Dominik Spies wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Shaun McDonald
> <shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 4 Dec 2008, at 11:08, Dominik Spies wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm currently working with the api06.dev server. My question is
>>> where
>>> I should submit a bug when I find one - trac? With milestone OSM
>>> 0.6 ?
>>> Or should I post here? Both? Somewhere else?
>>>
>>> I ask becuase trac doesn't appear to be very "used".. just five
>>> entries.
>>
>> Excellent to hear that you are testing the api06.
>
> actually I'm developing a API for the API in C# .Net.
> Testing the 0.6 api is more ot the less a by-product.
>

>> As we are just about to start the process of starting widespread
>> testing,
>> there haven't been many bug reports yet.
>>
>> Bug can be submitted to trac, here on the mailing list. Some
>> specific bug
>> have been triaged by developers working directly together. When
>> submitting
>> bugs, it's probably best to assign to smsm1, instead of using the
>> default to
>> TomH.
>
> If I find a bug which is clearly a bug I'll submit it to trac.
> If behaviour is unclear, I'll post it here.
>
> The OSM Protocol Version 0.6 Wikipage mentions that tag keys will
> become unique.
> Normally (V 0.5), tags are case-sensitive.

Actually as MySQL is case-insensitive for unique indexes, the tags are
case-insensitive, so you can't have a changeset/node/way/relation with
the tags NOTE and note.
If we move to postgres, which uses case-sensitive unique indexes, then
the keys will become case-sensitive.

> The question is if the uniqueness of the tag-key is computed
> case-sensitive or not.
> A quick test revealed, that they are not case-sensitive. But this
> should be specified somewhere (JOSM allows to create tag key "note"
> and "NOTE" at the same element, but that is a JOSM issue..)

That is a bug in JOSM, please file a bug at:
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/

Shaun