[OSM-dev] Osmosis error reading osm file and writing to mysql

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sat Dec 6 23:09:53 GMT 2008

On 6 Dec 2008, at 22:07, Maarten Deen wrote:

> Maarten Deen wrote:
>
>> But now I've ran into the next error:
>> com.bretth.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: The database
>> schema version of
>> 16 does not match the expected version of 11.
>
> Okay, I've found the fix, in the database: update schema_info set
> version=11;

This is bad practice, because as soon as you try to do anything else
with the database, such as migrate to a newer version of the database
schema, you will have problems. You are much better telling osmosis to
ignore the schema version number.
See the validateSchemaVersion=no option: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/DetailedUsage#--write-mysql_.28--wm.29

> But why is osmosis expecting some version 16 when the schema
> installation enters 16?

There have been changes to the data base structure, that haven't been
released to a download for osmosis. Instead you need to build from
source.

Shaun