[OSM-dev] Osmosis error reading osm file and writing to mysql

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Sat Dec 6 23:19:34 GMT 2008

The version of the database schema gets updated every time an
enhancement is made to the database schema.  The latest official version
is 16.

Osmosis only gets released occasionally so is sometimes behind.  The svn
version will usually be up to date but osmosis 0.29 probably isn't, I
can't remember what version it supported.

The script linked on the osmosis web page also only gets updated
occasionally so will sometimes be behind.  Although it is currently at
the correct version 16.

You have two choices:
1. Download osmosis from svn and compile it yourself.  It requires ant
and a version 6 jdk installed.
2. Set the validateSchemaVersion=no option on the mysql tasks.  This
will cause osmosis to skip the version check.  I don't think anything
major has changed between 11 and 16 that will impact osmosis.

I need to look into a nightly build for osmosis to avoid some of these
issues.  For now I'd try option 2.  If that doesn't work let me know and
I'll compile a binary version from svn for you.

Brett