[OSM-dev] Any tile statistics (unique visitors)

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sun Dec 7 00:25:33 GMT 2008

Tom Hughes wrote:
> Plus you asked about unique visitors to the tile server but now you want
> to know about unique visitors to our slippy map, which is an entirely
> different question as not everybody that uses our tile server uses our
> slippy map.

So do you agree with me that the minimal amount of unique visiters
exceeds the amount of users on the slippy map? Could you provide how
many users are on the slippy map?

>>> Why do you want this information anyway?
>>
>> Because the person/organisation that gave OSM-NL last year around 10K
>> in euro, and now gave 28K to OpenStreetPhoto would like to know the
>> unique visitors, and I think that is a reasonable question...
>
> Every question seems reasonable to the person asking it, but as always
> the question is where to draw the line - do I have to conjure up
> whatever statistics people ask for no matter how much work it needs?

You are always talking about you are the only person capable of doing
something. I sincerely wonder why that is so?

> Anyway, if you can get the appropriate people to authorise it, and you
> can clarify exactly what you want, then we might be able to do something
> when we get a minute.

And who might that be? Since when should I find authorisation for questions?

Stefan