[OSM-dev] OpenLayers problem with latitude and longitude placement

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 7 13:08:37 GMT 2008

Are there any OpenLayers experts here?

I'm trying to draw lines on a map using plain latitude and longitude
coordinates. So that I can use (0,0) for the equator and (0, 51) for some point
on the Greenwich meridian in England.

But I can't find out how to do it.
I have an example at <http://www.maasluip.nl/ebt/test.html>
I make the lines in a loop at line 52. I almost thought "nice, it's degrees *
111320", but that doesn't add up at higher latitudes.

I understood the maxExtent in the projection to be the way to control this, but
apparently it isn't (as I have the map created with maxExtent: new
OpenLayers.Bounds(-180,-90,180,90))

Any ideas?

Maarten