[OSM-dev] OpenLayers problem with latitude and longitude placement

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 17:40:41 GMT 2008

A particularly good guide to spherical mercator and projections with
openlayers is at http://docs.openlayers.org/spherical_mercator/
OpenLayers has a history of very sparse documentation, but they're
trying to fix that for their next release. Inheritance of bounds,
max/min resolution/scale/numZoomLevels, from the Map object to
individual Layers is fairly complex. In general, this type of Map
options should match those of the base layer. In particular, see the
last paragraph of the linked article.

This is also quite a good OpenLayers overview tutorial
http://workshops.opengeo.org/openlayers/intro/doc/en/ (as linked from
docs.openlayers.org)

--
Regards,