[OSM-dev] OpenLayers problem with latitude and longitude placement

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 04:56:45 GMT 2008

Thomas Wood schrieb:
> A particularly good guide to spherical mercator and projections with
> openlayers is at http://docs.openlayers.org/spherical_mercator/
> OpenLayers has a history of very sparse documentation, but they're
> trying to fix that for their next release. Inheritance of bounds,
> max/min resolution/scale/numZoomLevels, from the Map object to
> individual Layers is fairly complex. In general, this type of Map
> options should match those of the base layer. In particular, see the
> last paragraph of the linked article.
>
> This is also quite a good OpenLayers overview tutorial
> http://workshops.opengeo.org/openlayers/intro/doc/en/ (as linked from
> docs.openlayers.org)

Hi Thomas!

Sorry for the late response!

Both references were very interested reading - so I really recommend
this to anyone going to start with openlayers :-)

For example this teached my what the displayProjection parameter while
creating a map is really used for :-)

Anyway, the current documentation about the various parameters used in
various functions is virtually none existing. Hopefully this will become
better in the way you've described.

Regards, ULFL

P.S.: The most pressing need to document is IMHO very certainly the
various possible options that you can choose for the various
constructors ...