[OSM-dev] 0.6 database table creation script for mysql?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Dec 9 17:54:10 GMT 2008

Maarten Deen wrote:
> Shaun McDonald wrote:
>> For MySQL, you can setup rails api06 branch, and run rake db:migrate.
>
> And to comment on rails_port_branches/api06/db/migrate/001_create_osm_db.rb in
> svn: I thought the tags on nodes were put in a separate table? At least that's
> what I I understand from the 0.6 wiki page.
> But the ruby script still makes a node table with a tags column and there is no
> node_tags.

Because 0.6 does not use a revision 001 database schema...

The migrations are designed to be applied in sequence, so 001 is
basically the schema that was in use when the rails port was first
launched as the 0.4 API and the other migrations have been applied since
to make changed to the schema.

tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)