[OSM-dev] 0.6 database table creation script for mysql?

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 17:54:10 GMT 2008

The migrations are for one version to the next, so when setting up,
rails will start with the initial config then migrate all the data to
the next version as it goes.
I guess this is to maintain an easy way to upgrade older databases in
the future.

A full version of the rails schema (in the format it dumps) is at
http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~edgemaster/schema.rb

2008/12/9 Maarten Deen <mdeen at xs4all.nl>:
> Shaun McDonald wrote:
>> For MySQL, you can setup rails api06 branch, and run rake db:migrate.
>
> And to comment on rails_port_branches/api06/db/migrate/001_create_osm_db.rb in
> svn: I thought the tags on nodes were put in a separate table? At least that's
> what I I understand from the 0.6 wiki page.
> But the ruby script still makes a node table with a tags column and there is no
> node_tags.
>
> Maarten

Regards,
Thomas Wood