[OSM-dev] 0.6 database table creation script for mysql?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Dec 9 22:49:10 GMT 2008

Maarten Deen wrote:
> Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> To be honest unless you're running rails you probably don't want to use
>> that schema anyway.
>
> I'm not? Than how do I create the database so that I can store OSM data with
> osmosis?

The point is that "storing OSM data with osmosis" is not a meaningful
thing to do in and of itself.

Osmosis is a tool for moving OSM data around, and one of the formats
it's supports is the API database which is primarily useful if you're
working on the API code and want to load data into a test database.

If you're not doing that then you probably want to design a schema
suitable for whatever it is you're trying to do, and then find a way to
load into that schema.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)