[OSM-dev] surveillance cams not shown in any render

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 12 23:59:38 GMT 2008

D Tucny schrieb:

> The Map Features page doesn't document everything that is widely used,
> it doesn't even document everything that is rendered... There are many
> proposed tags that are widely used but haven't made it on to Map
> Features,

I'm trying to keep an eye on tagwatch and have added stuff to map
features according to the usage (e.g. lot's in the shop category is
based on tagwatch results).

Obviously I can't keep up with the dynamics of OSM ;-) So if there are
features in wide use and not in map features, please let us know ...

> there are some tags on Map Features that are very rarely
> used...

True!

> There are more tags that don't appear as proposed tags or on Map
> Features but have been used widely...

Do you have examples?

> Whether a positive or a negative
> thing, individuals thoughts on it vary, tags are free text, you could
> invent your own tag and use it as you saw fit for anything you wanted,
> but you wouldn't have to document it, renders wouldn't have to support
> it...

Perfectly true!

Regards, ULFL