[OSM-dev] Osmarender not always showing latest data

Milenko milenko at king-nerd.com
Mon Dec 15 00:30:43 GMT 2008

Cross-posting to t at h list for FYI.

I'm building a new db on the server now, it should be ready to switch over
tomorrow.  I just wanted to verify the proper method for applying changes
after a db import to make sure this doesn't happen again.

When I built the server I imported the latest planet and then applied that
days diff as well as all of the daily diffs from the latest planet up to the
current day.  I then let osmosis run in read change interval mode and update
the rest of the db.  So if I was doing this today (Sunday) I would import
the planet from last Wednesday, then apply the change from
wednesday-thursday, thursday-friday, friday-saturday, saturday-sunday.  Once
this was done, then I'd set the timestamp to 12am sunday and run osmosis in
read-change-interval mode to get the db current.

Is this the correct method?

-Jeremy