[OSM-dev] Osmarender not always showing latest data

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Tue Dec 16 01:10:24 GMT 2008

milenko at king-nerd.com wrote:
> I haven't figured out how the server got out of sync with the main api yet.  My best guess is that I somehow missed part of a day or a few hours when I initially brought the server online.  If I remember correctly the timeframes are about the same.

Okay, hopefully it was a once off.
> The only issue I've had with --rci was during the api outtage last weekend.  The main server produced a 0-byte minute diff during the outtage and osmosis wouldn't scan past that file.  I had to apply the hourly diff and then go from there.

Can you let me know if this happens again?  That seems odd.  I should
never create 0 byte diffs.  At a minimum they should be 110 bytes which
is an osmChange file containing no data.  I don't update the server
timestamp until a diff file is successfully generated and available.
That way clients should never download an invalid file.  The only
exception to this is when utf-8 issues crop up in the main db and
osmosis generates a dodgy file on the server that can't be processed.