[OSM-dev] Machine-readable list of map features?

Etric Celine etricceline at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 13:17:58 GMT 2008

Hi Karl,

> just wondering whether there is a machine readable equivalent of
>     http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features
> which is easier to parse than formatted Wiki source?

Not directly.

The Tagwatch script already parse the Wiki (not only the Map Feature page) to
create such a list. But its not for public use, just for the script itself.

But if more people need such a list I could offer a xml-based equivalent that
can be used by other programs. Its not a good idea if several programs start
to generate their own list which generates heavy traffic on the Wiki server
every time such a script is running.

Greetings
Jörg