[OSM-dev] Machine-readable list of map features?

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Thu Dec 18 16:16:16 GMT 2008

> Definetly agreed, how do we start ?

I'd suggest to

- create a wiki page
- identify the use cases for this list and document on the wiki, i.e.
    * list can be used for immediate user feedback in online editors
(potlatch, josm, etc.)
    * list can be used in validation tools
    * list shall *NOT* be used to enforce the usage of a predefined set of
tags
    * others?

- create a proposal for the "data model" to be provided by this lists,
discuss
  it and agree to it

- create a proposal for the machine readable "encoding" (xml, structured
ascii, whatever),
  discuss it and agree to it

- create a proposal for the data flow, discuss it and agree to it
  - where is the data maintained? On the wiki? somewhere else? In other
words: where is
    the master
  - which tool/tools generate "the list"?
  - where is "the list" deployed to and how can we retrieve it from there?

Karl