[OSM-dev] Machine-readable list of map features?
karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Thu Dec 18 16:16:16 GMT 2008
> Definetly agreed, how do we start ?
I'd suggest to
- create a wiki page
- identify the use cases for this list and document on the wiki, i.e.
* list can be used for immediate user feedback in online editors
(potlatch, josm, etc.)
* list can be used in validation tools
* list shall *NOT* be used to enforce the usage of a predefined set of
- create a proposal for the "data model" to be provided by this lists,
it and agree to it
- create a proposal for the machine readable "encoding" (xml, structured
discuss it and agree to it
- create a proposal for the data flow, discuss it and agree to it
- where is the data maintained? On the wiki? somewhere else? In other
words: where is
- which tool/tools generate "the list"?
- where is "the list" deployed to and how can we retrieve it from there?
Von: dev-bounces at openstreetmap.org [mailto:dev-bounces at openstreetmap.org] Im
Auftrag von sylvain letuffe
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2008 16:58
An: dev at openstreetmap.org
Betreff: Re: [OSM-dev] Machine-readable list of map features?
> We should try to find one place to
> store the generated information. This file or database should contain
> all information needed by the different applications.
> If we generate a file, maybe on daily basis, that contains the needed
> information, there is no need for everyone to parse the wiki on his own.
Definetly agreed, how do we start ?
Sylvain Letuffe liste at letuffe.org
qui suis-je : http://slyserv.dyndns.org
dev mailing list
dev at openstreetmap.org
More information about the dev