[OSM-dev] Osmosis --ac changed?

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Dec 22 00:32:23 GMT 2008

Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:03:58AM +1100, Brett Henderson wrote:
>
>> So the stack based approach is more flexible, but takes a few more
>> mental gymnastics to get it right.  To be honest I haven't found it too
>> bad one I got used to it.
>>

> One problem seems to be that the command line is inherently linear and
> its getting longer and longer with more and more options. Maybe we have
> to get away from it and have some kind of command file. At least
> optionally.

It shouldn't be difficult to load tasks from a file.  I could create a
new single hyphen option that specifies the name of a file to load the
configuration from.

The only thing I'm wary of doing is creating another programming
language.  So far the command line implementation has been easy to
maintain and bug free.
> The command file can use a different syntax that somehow shows better
> what it will do. I don't know how this should look, but in a file there
> are "two dimensions" instead of only one, so that could help there.

Most of my osmosis usage is fairly simple so I'm not well placed to come
up with a good solution here.  If you have some ideas I'm happy to take
a look.

Brett