[OSM-dev] Osmosis --ac changed?

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sun Dec 21 23:56:52 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:03:58AM +1100, Brett Henderson wrote:
> So the stack based approach is more flexible, but takes a few more
> mental gymnastics to get it right.  To be honest I haven't found it too
> bad one I got used to it.

One problem seems to be that the command line is inherently linear and
its getting longer and longer with more and more options. Maybe we have
to get away from it and have some kind of command file. At least
optionally.

The command file can use a different syntax that somehow shows better
what it will do. I don't know how this should look, but in a file there
are "two dimensions" instead of only one, so that could help there.

Jochen