[OSM-dev] Broken objects rendering (angles and shape)

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 01:30:51 GMT 2008

2008/12/25 Jozef Vince (freemap.sk) <jozef.vince at freemap.sk>:
> Check your projection settings in JOSM - online maps are using Mercator, and your JOSM probably the default one - EPSG:4326 (lat lon projection i think)

You're right. After switching to Mercator I see objects just like it's
rendered on online map.

The question is now which one projection is correct? I think gps
tracks displayed using Mercator are much more like I expect them to be
(now tracked parking has roads connected with right angle which is
what I observed in real). If so, why JOSM doesn't use Mercator by
default?

P.S.
Jozef, you wrote mail to me skipping mailinglist.

--
Rafał Miłecki