[OSM-dev] ROMA servers down - osmosis large way problem

milenko at king-nerd.com milenko at king-nerd.com
Sun Dec 28 20:05:20 GMT 2008

Weird - I checked the schema that I used and it's a smallint.  That must have been changed recently.

I've altered the column type on my server - we'll see what happens when it's finished.

-Jeremy

+--On 28 décembre 2008 20:50:00 +0100 Florian Lohoff <flo at rfc822.org>
wrote:
| On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 08:25:54PM +0100, Stefan de Konink wrote:
|> So what is the fundamental problem that your tools break on 40k of
|> nodes? Bbox them on the request, and return a partial result that will
|> work just as good for rendering.
|
| The db schema uses smallint for the node number on the way - so you may
| only address -32768 to +32767 number of nodes on a way - 40k nodes
| is out of scope of a smallint so osmosis breaks on importing the
| changeset.

I'm not certain what we're talking about, but in the version of osmosis I
found, the pgsql_simple_schema_0.5.sql file contains :
CREATE TABLE way_nodes (
    way_id bigint NOT NULL,
    node_id bigint NOT NULL,
    sequence_id int NOT NULL