[OSM-dev] ROMA servers down - osmosis large way problem

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Dec 28 21:15:21 GMT 2008

Hi,

Stefan de Konink wrote:
> So you actually suggest to implement a tree of relations to render a
> country?

I'm not convinced a tree is needed.

> Totally break lookups such as 'is X in country Y', you will
> make friends that is for sure :)

Someone who is so quick with taking complex programming for granted
("... simply implement partial editing of ways...") will surely not be
foiled by the requirement to access a second level of relations which
seems rather trivial in comparison.

> So you really want people first to change everything to 0.6 and then to
> something else ;) I wanted to write longer about this, but I think
> allowing everyone to send just a complete changeset (within one request)
> ditch REST for updating will give much more momentum, and requires less
> code.

Thank you but we need programmers, not advice. Sending a complete
changeset within one request is possible BTW.

Bye
Frederik