[OSM-dev] ROMA servers down - osmosis large way problem

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Sun Dec 28 22:22:22 GMT 2008

Seems like you're all on top of the problem now.

I updated the schema creation script on 3rd November to use an int
instead of smallint.  Internally osmosis doesn't care, it uses a 32 bit
integer (more accurately, it uses a list index which is 32 bit).  It is
just the schema itself which was using a smallint to minimise disk
usage.  It should be possible to change the column type without losing
data.  If there's anything I can do let me know.

Note that the 0.6 version of the schema still uses a smallint, I
possibly should change that in case people start testing it with data
migrated from a 0.5 planet.