[OSM-dev] TomTom map format

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Wed Dec 31 12:48:38 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 12:55:43PM +0100, Matthias Rötsch wrote:

> Related to the legal part: I think we should record everything
> law-related of the reverse engineering. If it succeeds, it has a high
> chance to end up in court. And I don't want to be broke just because the
> origin of a certain firmware or map-file cannot be traced back.

Makes sense to document how findings were done ...

> > I'd be interested in bit hacking too - Have the findings been
> > documented
> > somewhere? Would a seperate list make sense?
> A separate list about the TomTom case or about osm related bithacking in
> general? When it is about a certain format, an svn-repo or wiki-pages
> would be my choice.

tomtom format list i'd say - we could use an svn (although i meanwhile
prefer git as its a lot faster and imho easier)...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little