[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Closed Ways all Opened in Luxembourg

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Feb 3 22:27:18 GMT 2008

In message <C5927D45-25DB-4768-921A-56FA55DDE641 at asklater.com>
          SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> I'm very much of the school... that someone should say what was 4
> times slower and why?

[ switched to dev ]

Basically, the getway method. It's mostly just overhead from making
lots of objects and general rails processing I think, combined with
reading all fields from the database instead of just those we need.

The speedup I got was from adding "has_many :nodes" to the way model
and using that to just load nodes without loading way_nodes as well
which saves a whole bunch of object creations and field conversions.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/