[OSM-dev] Subversion commit mailing list

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Tue Feb 5 23:26:13 GMT 2008

Tom Hughes schrieb:
> On 05/02/2008, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at web.de> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, the RSS feed only gives you the commit comment and a link
>> to a more detailed page. What's really missing is a list of files that
>> actually changed - for most of the entries you don't know from the
>> summary which program actually changed and there are quite a lot of
>> programs in the OSM SVN so it's hard to guess ;-)
>>
> Works fine for me, but I read use Google Reader which has a shortcut
> to take you through the actual pages in the feed rather than the
> summary - the latter is useless in many feeds anyway.

I'm using (JAVA based) RSSOwl, which is showing the summary provided
together with the feed (which makes perfect sense to me). If there's no
such summary, I usually tend to just ignore the whole feed ;-)
>> Any chance to improve the trac output or having a more detailed mailing
>> list?
>>
> Go read the trac manual - if you see a better way to do it, let me
> know what I need to change.

Fair enough, if I want to see this happening I'll have to do that basic
work ;-)

As this is not very high on my prio list, no promisses though ...

Regards, ULFL

P.S: From other devel projects, I see the combination of mailman and
subversion providing the info as outlined pretty often. If it turns out
that trac isn't able to provide this info easily, this might be the way
to go anyway ...