[OSM-dev] Mapnik slippy map flooded

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 6 22:20:21 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 22:06 +0100, Marc Schütz wrote:
> Since the newest mapnik rerendering, large parts of Germany are flooded on
> some zoom levels:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.077&lon=9.687&zoom=10&layers=B0FT

There was a problem with the new coastline setup which caused all tiles
to be rendered under water for a few minutes this evening. This should
be fixed now. I've extracted a list of all tiles rendered in that period
and I'm forcing them to be rendered at the moment.

If you force a reload on the tiles in the link above you should see them
fixed already.

Some parts of the US and Canada will be under water until the coastline
improves in those areas (see http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/ ). The mapnik
render is now using the shapefiles shown on this map which are generated
from the OSM natural=coastline ways.

	Jon