[OSM-dev] Subversion commit mailing list

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Thu Feb 7 19:44:50 GMT 2008

Andy Allan schrieb:
> On Feb 7, 2008 11:03 AM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
>
>> I'm a bit confused now actually, because having checked it seems that
>> the RSS feed does list the first file for each change, but the claim
>> that started all this was that it doesn't show any files?
>>

> I delved into this earlier in the week, but after I figured out how to
> get it working the way Ulf was asking I realised that it was working
> that way on OSM anyway - I just thought you'd fixed it already!
>
> I'll only comment to say that changeset_show_files = -1 in trac.ini
> will show all the files in the changeset, and that I couldn't find a
> way to override this in the rss feed (so whatever goes for the
> timeline page is whatever is set in trac.ini by the admin and is what
> you get on the rss too).

Upps, sorry for all the noise - sometimes I'm just too blind too see!

I've just was expecting to find this functionality under "Browse Source"
- where I've found the "Revision Log". The "Timeline" right at the top
is much better for me as it also gives one of the files changed - just
what I needed! The number of 10 files was only the number I used to see
for the commit messages on other projects. But you're right, as it's
just a pointer in what area something has changed, a single file is just
enough.

Any questions in the future about this, should explicitly mention the
"RSS feed of the *Timeline*" ...

Regards, ULFL

P.S: It's a bit strange that the "Revision Log" is not showing any file
names, but the "Timeline" is showing it. As the log is more specialized
compared to the "Timeline", I would expect that the log is containing
*more* information about a commit than the "Timeline" - and not less ;-)