[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Error while uploading with JOSM

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Fri Feb 8 12:15:09 GMT 2008

On 08/02/2008 08:07, SteveC wrote:
>> It would indeed, and I had wondered whether they may be applying some
>> naive test for "dubious activity".
>
> Andy used to get this on Virgin IIRC

I think my last test showed that being locked for minutes couldn't be
caused by Virgin, as I could see the site from a different machine on
the same network (which is the same IP from Virgin's POV) while my PC
remained locked out.

But the connection failing in the first place could still be.

Not having a BT phone line, it would be hard to switch from Virgin,
though having a 2.5M upload speed would be very attractive - though I
suspect my exchange distance wouldn't support the full speed.

David