[OSM-dev] disputed areas

Gervase Markham gerv-gmane at gerv.net
Sat Feb 9 15:32:49 GMT 2008

SteveC wrote:
> Oh ok... so it's the "on the ground reality".

We have a bit of an advantage over Wikipedia here. Names of things
(which, I suspect, will be the bone of contention 99% of the time) are
based on actual physical street signs in the place. If a road is signed
as George W. Bush Street, then we can label it that, even if there's a
significant body of opinion which says that Lambeth council shouldn't
have changed the name last year, and it should still be called Scargill
Street.

Wikipedia, on the other hand, while technically about facts, contains a
lot of (disguised) opinion, if only in the phrasing and arrangement.

> I'm genuinely interested
> in what pissed of people will do if/when they're locked out. Probably
> just trash other areas?

Could do. Do we currently have the ability for an admin to revert all
edits by a particular user from time X ago until the present?

If not, I suspect that we will need that.

Gerv