[OSM-dev] disputed areas

Sun Feb 10 17:38:28 GMT 2008

SteveC wrote:

> On 10 Feb 2008, at 12:32, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>>> On a different note, if you setup a process that monitored the nodes
>>> in question and simply reverted any edits within five minutes of
>>> doing them (currently technically feasable) how long before
>>> people get
>>> tired of changing them?
>>
>> I like that idea a lot.
>
> Easily circumvented.

And the circumvention in itself is easily circumvented. Essentially,
it reduces it to an arms race. And since we collectively ownz0r OSM,
and there's more of us reasonable enlightened guys than there are
zealots in Cyprus, we get to enforce the rules via a tyranny of the
majority.

Yay for the liberal hegemony.

yours semi-seriously
Richard