[OSM-dev] FAQ pointer?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Feb 14 08:50:29 GMT 2008

In message <47B394EF.1040003 at enterline.us>
        Tom Enterline <osm at enterline.us> wrote:

> I've been following the steps in
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/The_Rails_Port. I've never used
> Mysql before, and installed it from Synaptic. I am now at the
> "Installing the quadtile functions" step.
>
> I ran into a problem compiling the db functions.  I'm getting a lot of
> messages about what look like missing mysql header files, (my_global.h,
> my_sys.h, m_string.h, mysql.h, etc). Where do I get the header files?

You need libmysqlclient-dev installed. That said, for most things you
don't actually need the functions installed.

One more thing - when you run rake to create the database make sure
you do "rake db:migrate VERSION=10" as the later schema versions are
not functional.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)