[OSM-dev] Osmosis DB schemas?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Feb 15 02:22:58 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Now I get
> Exception in thread "Thread-1-read-xml"
> com.bretth.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: The database schema
> version of 14 does not match the expected version of 8.

14 doesn't work with the current code, your initial 10 was good.

> I see that Osmosis has an option to turn off schema verification, but
> that seems dangerous.

It might, in some cases, but from the /sites/rails_port/db/migrate
directory in our SVN you can see that the only thing added by schemas
9 and 10 is some diary comments and an index, so any process writing
version 8 data will work fine with version 10. I think everything will
be fine if you instruct Osmosis to ignore the problem. You could also
use rake to build a version 8 schema (I assume you're not keen on
using your local database to write diary comments ;-)

Bye
Frederik